Cathedral of San Giovenale
Diocesi di Fossano ( sec. XVIII )
Fossano Cathedral, dedicated to Saint Juvenal, patron of the city, was built in 1771 by the architect Mario Ludovico Quarini, while the bell tower dates back to the previous construction.
Mario Ludovico Quarini
This prolific architect came from the Vittone school, which he left behind to pursue the early neoclassical rules. He was civil architect to the Court and his many works, often partnering his master Vittone for long periods, include Fossano cathedral, the façade San Francesco d’Assisi in Turin, and Villa Turinetti di Priero in the Turin hills.